Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A typical workout week

The beginning of each week, I plan out my workouts. For me, I need to almost schedule them in so they get done! Don't get me wrong, last minute changes happen, plans change. I try very hard to workout at least five days a week, some days more intense, other days nice and easy cardio. I do enjoy working up a good sweat, and afterwards I feel so good!!! I go through periods of time where I lack motivation and skip the occassional workout or two...or three. I get right back on the wagon and get to work!

At first, it was hard to just walk around the block. I did only cardio (walking) for the first three months, then I made the plunge and got a gym membership. My husband works out of town or late nights 90% of the time, I needed to be able to workout without having to worry about my two kids. I did my research and found a reasonable gym, with childcare. I was overwhelmed with all of the equipment, I didn't know how to use it! I sort of observed how other people used them for the few few weeks and watch the trainers for some tips! :) Now, I love going to the gym because of the variety and options! I never get bored!

I am a woman of routine, though I mix up my workouts I tend to follow the same pattern each week. Here is a typical workout week:

Monday - 30 min cardio of any kind, and 30-40 min of strength/resistance training

Tuesday - Off, with my daughters dance class its a busy night! I rest every Tuesday

Wednesday - 30 min cardio of any kind, and 30-40 min strength/resistance training

Thursday - 60 min cardio of any kind

Friday - 60 min pool resistance training, with dumb bells, noodle

Saturday - Off (usually unless I run a 5k)

Sunday - 60 min cardio of any kind, unless I run on Saturday then I take off


Examples of cardio: walking, jogging, ellipticle machine, bike, rollerblading

As I've lost weight, I've increased my resistance training. I want to be toned, and tighten things back up! It is super important to do both!

I'm tired from just typing that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment