Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Biggest Loser

Tonight sitting at home, I received a text message from my sister telling me how proud she is of me...she was watching The Biggest Loser! That show is very emotional for me to watch. Though I may not have lost 100+ pounds, my life has changed. The feelings they share and talk about are like an exact mirror image of how I feel each day, the struggles they go through are the same type of struggles I have. I find myself sobbing uncontrollably every time I watch it! Part of me watches it for extra motivation and to give me a reminder of this journey and how lucky I am to have been successful. Its very humbling!

This past week I have had a lot of mixed emotions, between my mother in law in ICU, my FAVORITE uncle that is like my grandfather passing away, and my two year old son having a severe allergic reaction I would typically turn to food to console myself. I can honestly say, I've handled myself absolutely appropriately and have behaved myself... stress for me is a trigger and I have a hard time staying focused with situations around me. I must be getting a little stronger because that was not the case this time, I remained strong and focused!

With that said, my mother in law is out of the hospital, my son is back to normal, and my dear Uncle Gener is pain free with my Grandpa in heaven. Though I will miss him terribly, I know that he will have a better quality of life now than he did his last few months on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment