Sunday, May 29, 2011

Said Good Bye to a Great Man

This past weekend, celebrated the life and said good bye to my Uncle. Though it was a terribly sad event, seeing my family was really nice. Its weird how a tragedy brings everyone back together again... Something happens when I am with the 'Rocks' I lose all self control! The family can eat, and there is food literally everywhere! Between Sammy's Pizza, Coneys, and sweets I am pretty sure I gained at least five pounds. Ugh. I ate absolutely terrible! Oh well, it happens I guess.

I am lucky to have spent the day with my uncle last month, and though he loved me no matter what I looked like or how much I weighed it felt great for him to see me healthy. Give him one last bear hug, tell him I loved him one more time...he was a very special man and I'm so grateful for everything he has shared with me in my life.

I love you Gener, and I KNOW that you are up there with my Grandpa Dan eating Sammy's on the boat!


No comments:

Post a Comment