Monday, May 9, 2011

I faced my fear... I bought a new swimsuit

I hope all of the mommys had a great day yesterday! My day was amazing, and spending it with my family was all I could ask for :) My husband made me a delicious breakfast (and healthy!), bought me a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers, my six year old made me a homemade crown, and to top it off my husband wanted to take me shopping for some desperately needed summer clothes! Does it get any better than this??!!

Two things I've feared about buying summer clothes, shorts & a swimsuit. I haven't worn shorts in about seven years, my goal since kicking my workouts up a notch has been to wear a pair of shorts AND feel comfortable in them. I've still been wearing my old swimsuit, which at any moment looks like it is going to fall down. Yesterday, I tackled both fears and felt great in both!!!! I tried on several swimsuits, some looked ok and some didn't. I found a style I liked, and most importantly, I left the store happy and relieved instead of the typical tears that come with swimsuit shopping!!!

My shorts were a much easier experience, they were the first pair I tried on and looked awesome! Overall, everything I tried on fit perfectly. It was such a great feeling, and a seriously successful trip! What a relief :)

A mother's day to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment