Saturday, February 11, 2012

To add more protein, that is the question?

I have been contemplating adding more protein to my routine, and eating maybe a protein bar after my workouts... The problem? They average 4-7 PointsPlus and that for me, is an entire meal. I will do it if I feel that it is nutritionally of value to me and worth the points, but boy that seems like a lot! I have a hard enough time sticking to 26 in a day!

I have been reading up the extra added benefits to adding more protein to my diet and it seems like overall: helps repair the muscles after a workout, which ultimately will help create leaner muscles, keeps you satisfied longer in between meals, and balance out your metabolism. These are all really really good things, but then for me I can't get the image of a body builder out of my head! lol :) I am kidding, I know that increasing protein slightly would never do that to a body without a massive amount of weight training. But I have heard from several of my members that adding protein has played a part in a weight gain or stall at the scale for them... And I can't really afford that, I am trying so hard to lose a few more pounds so all of these things play a part in deciding if it is worth adding or not...

I feel like I do get quite a bit of protein in regularly with lean meats, dairy products, so what's adding another resource? And how do I decide which one to eat? When I look at the nutrition facts on the back of a protein bar it kind of freaks me out!

Hmmmmmm... all things to consider.

Yesterday:

Didn't exercise
Ate very well, even went to Red Lobster with my girl friend and looked up everything prior to going so I would make smart choices :) AND we both only ate ONE of those delicious cheesy biscuit things... man those are good.
Tracked, even the things I ate at Red Lobster

Plan for today:
Track
Still deciding if I am going to participate in the pizza for my niece's bday party or not
Get some form of activity in since I didn't exercise yesterday, I need to either today or tomorrow to make up for yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment