Monday, August 15, 2011

Recipe - Garlic Hummus

I love love love hummus, and buying it premade meant I had no clue what was in it! We talked about it at my latest WW meeting, and one of the members was saying how easy it was to make. I gave it a shot, and not only was is SUPER good but it literally took like five minutes to make (not to mention it is about $1.50 per batch!). As an excellent source of fiber, hummus makes for a nice filling snack :)

Garlic Hummus

2 Cans of Garbanzo Beans (aka Chick Peas)
4-5oz of Chicken Broth
1-2 TBSP of Lemon Juice
Minced Garlic or Garlic Powder to taste
**You WILL need an electric chopper or food processor of some sort**


1. Open can and drain garbanzo beans completely

2. Add about 1/2 can of beans into chopper (do NOT chop yet)

3. Pour about 4-5 tbsp of chicken broth, a splash of lemon juice, and garlic to taste into chopper w/ beans.

4. Chop until beans have turned into a thicker paste, add more garlic/chicken broth if needed

5. Once completed, add hummus into container and refridgerate.

6. Repeat all steps until you have used all of the garbanzo beans

Serving Size 1/4 cup (4 WW PointsPlus per serving)

Other Ideas:
Add roasted red peppers instead of garlic
Use as a veggie dip
Serve w/ reduced fat crackers

2 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you how I laugh reading this because you thought it was so gross when I made it before? LOL. You rock, sister!! I love you and am over the moon excited for your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, new life = new tastes :) love you sister!

    ReplyDelete