Saturday, August 13, 2011

How's the Inline Marathon Training Going?

My friend Sarah and I are participating in the Duluth North Shore Inline Marathon (yes, that would be 26.2 MILES) on September 17, 2011!!!!!!!!!!! It is coming up so quickly, and my anxiety levels are starting to creep up... I am not feeling as prepared as I would have liked to be this close to the race. Tomorrow morning we are going to do some "hill training" to SOMEWHAT prepare for those intense Duluth hills we are going to face the day of the big race. I never thought in my life I would ever take part in something this crazy! I am so proud of us for facing our fears and just going for it :)Neither of us is in it to "race" for a good time, we are doing it to complete it and accomplish yet another huge milestone.

In addition to racing, we are staying up there for the whole weekend "kid free"!! We are celebrating a year of life changes and accomplishments with each other and our husbands. It will be a much needed, seriously deserved weekend away :)

Now it is time to crack the whip and get as prepared as we can! Here is the link to the race for anyone that may be interested.

http://northshoreinline.com/

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment