Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Here's an update on my slump & my dad is back in the game too!!!


Happy "hump" day :) I always chuckle a little when I hear that :) lol...

It's been no secret that this summer has been a struggle for me to maintain my regular intense workouts and control my eating at special events. Though my weight has not increased at all because of it, I was feeling a icky about the way I was handling myself.

Things over the last couple of weeks have been better, I have still been doing my daily cardio (walks/runs) and eating has been a bit more controlled. I have had a few events, and I did eat the food served at them but then the remainder of the week I have was more committed to stay on track. I am still not nearly as on "target" as I have been at times, but it's a work in progress! I am human, and still have struggles like everyone else :)

Also, I am going to try weighing in on Thursday mornings vs. at 5:30pm. I have been finding that the afternoons without my regular snack are far too difficult and then I binge eat after my meetings because I am STARVING! Not good.

Lastly, my dad has recently jumped back on the WW wagon!!!! Woooooo Hooooo!!!!! I am so proud of him, at the beginning of my journey I asked him to join with me. Let's be honest we both had a long road ahead of us, though he lives in a different state our daily check in phone calls were what I needed at that time and so did he. He had great success, and then he had some life changes that caused a slight hiccup in his own journey late last summer. I could tell when he decided to stop following the program, our daily phone calls then went to every other day, then soon once a week and we didn't even talk about the program anymore. I asked him several times to not give up, but he needed to make his own choice. I was in this for me, and I could not allow his slump to pull me away. I was focused and determined to keep at it. Throughout my journey, he has continued to be a huge support for me. But I knew inside he felt like he had failed me, a couple of weeks ago he made the best choice I have heard in a long time and decided to get right back on again!! Our daily phone calls have resumed, and he is doing amazing. I am so proud of him, and I will stand by him encouraging him along the way! I will be that support for him now in his journey, I know he can do this :)

Here is a picture from the week before we both started this journey. We went to his home for a family vacation and all we did was eat, literally. When I got home, I felt gross and knew I needed to make a serious change. My dad, was the first person I called asking for help.







No comments:

Post a Comment