Monday, April 25, 2011

Feeling gross after a holiday weekend of sweets and JUNK!




The dreaded holiday weekend FULL of candy, desserts, and tons of food. I am a firm believer that on special occasions you should splurge, let your hair down and enjoy a little break from the "norm". I totally use the holiday weekend as an excuse to eat whatever I like without feeling guilty. Afterwards, I feel gross. I typically workout at least five days a week and with such a crazy weekend and company over, I've been slacking off for the last few days! Blah. I NEVER used to workout, and now when I don't, I really feel it! How the heck did that happen?!!

As a mom of two young children, our house is now filled with a ridiculous amount of candy!! I am seriously considering throwing away the Easter basket candy just to get it out of my house. When its around me, I graze. A couple pieces here and there... eventually it all adds up! There is a happy medium with overeating sweets and eating them in moderation. Right now, I'm still trying to finding that balance. Like many people, sweets are my weakness! The "fat" girl in me, still wants to pig out when no one is looking. This whole process is full of ups and downs.

In the end, I can't take back the poor choices I've made or beat myself up over an overboard weekend, even if I have a gain at my weigh in. Just part of the process!

Own it and move on!

To take away...Something I try to do is have other options that are sweet but a healthier choice. I made a Pumpkin Mousse pie for Easter, it was delicious and surprisingly a hit with my guests! This recipe came from my WW Leader and I've made the mousse without pie crust to make it even more healthy!

1 Can of Pumpkin
1 Tub of Fat Free Whipped Cream
1 Package of Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding Mix (powder only)
Nutmeg to taste

Mix together and enjoy by itself, with fruit as a dip, or in a Graham Cracker pie crust

No comments:

Post a Comment