Thursday, January 1, 2015

It hurts so good...

Happy New Year!

2015... wow. Hard to believe, I remember growing up when older people used to say how fast time flew by and how annoyed I would get like "yeah, yeah" with a slight eye roll. But it is SO true! My baby is six, SIX, and a oh so sweet kindergartner and my oldest is almost TEN. Holy shit, I have a child that is going to be TEN. How did that happen?

This is going to be a great year!

I am 32 years old, and boy have I made some serious changes in my life over the last few months... I start college again in two weeks, YIKES, after ten years of the same profession I quit my job, am pursuing a completely different career choice and finally working towards finishing my Bachelor's degree! I often say to myself, what am I thinking? But I know in the end, all of the hard work and sacrifice will be totally worth it :) Why now? Why not! Better late than never! I deserve it, I always said once both kids were in school and a little older I would like to go back and finish. Now is the time, it just seemed like everything was falling into place at the right times.

Again, this is going to be a great year! I can feel it, I can...

Anyways, this week (and last week... lord help me) is winter break from school so both of the kids are at home with me and it is absolutely freakin freezing cold outside. Like 2 degrees. I live in Minnesota and it is now January (insert middle finger here). We all have a bit of cabin fever, it's been too cold to really "play" outside the last few days, and we have some serious crud going around in our house. So we've tried to do at least one activity of some sort each day to get us out of the house but not over-do it too much. I think the cabin fever is getting to us, my family thrives on routine, so we've all been on edge. However, I have managed to workout every single morning and track my food each day! Hooray! I usually do really good the first couple of weeks, it's about week 3-4 that gets me. If I can get past week 4-5, then I am on track. That is my starting goal - to make it a whole month of regular movement & tracking. Might not seem like much, but my god, for me it's something and kind of major! I have told myself that I am not going to do any weigh ins for a while, I tend to obsess over the scale and weigh myself every single day and when I don't see changes in the scale I get discouraged and give up. Why do we obsess so much over that damn number? F-U scale. I just want to move more, eat less and track it - see where it takes me. I want to go off how I feel for a bit.

So because I haven't worked out in like 4-5 months, I can hardly move. It takes me about 2 minutes to stand up and kind of adjust so I can move. Once I am up, I am ok, but getting up it brutal. I used to crave this feeling when I was at my peak of fitness because I never got sore anymore, but now - when I pee, it takes me about 3 times as long because I can't get off the toilet afterwards! I know you know what I am talking about! Hahahaha!

Cheers to feeling sore! Have a fantastic day! I will be cleaning my disgusting house today and taking down the Christmas decorations - there just becomes a day when you just need them down like right now. And today is that day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment