Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One Year Later, Taking a Moment to Reflect...

On June 21, 2010 I made the choice to change my life. I received an email from my boss about procrastinating and how we will make up excuses to start something tomorrow instead of today. For me, that email was more than a typical email, it was a sign. A sign that I took and ran with, a sign that I needed to see that day, my first of many 'a ha!' moments :) As I celebrate my one year anniversary of gaining my life back, I am taking time to reflect how far I have came. This year was by far the hardest year of my life, but absolutely the most rewarding in the same breath. I have discovered who I am again, and found out more about who was buried underneath my own skin. Its truly amazing, and I'm so relieved to know I don't have to hide anymore! I'm ME! I've never been happier, felt more confident, beautiful, and fit! I am physically fit, that in itself it frickin awesome! :)

Here is a list of my top 10 accomplishments in the last year:

June 21, 2010 Before:

1. 203.4lbs
2. Size 18 Clothes or XXL Shirts
3. Didn't exercise at all
4. Couldn't jog for more than 30 seconds at one time
5. Bra size 40DDD (yikes!!)
6. Couldn't mow my own lawn without feeling like I was going to die
7. Ate so terrible I would hide it
8. Could only walk around my block once
9. Rollerblading was an activity from my childhood
10. Was asked to get off of a roller coaster because it couldn't strap properly

June 21, 2011 After

1. 149.6lbs
2. Size 8 Clothes or Medium Shirts
3. Exercise 4-5 times per week
4. Completed four 5k's, most recently finishing at 30.04 setting a personal record
5. Bra Size 36C (yippee!)
6. Not only mow my own lawn, can mow my neighbors too
7. Eat very healthy and am not ashamed of anything I eat
8. Walk/run 4+ miles regularly
9. Am currently training for an Inline Marathon in September 2011
10. Am going to re-visit that roller coaster and get back on to ride it!!!

What an amazing year!!!! And many more exciting things to come :)

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome. You have become such an inspiration and we have yet to meet. Although I'll be putting on pregnancy pounds soon, I'm really focused on what I am putting in my mouth and making sure it is healthy for me and the baby. I can't wait to do some more heart-pumping workouts after the baby is here. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shantal- You are truly an inspiration. I have lost close to 80lbs. I look at those before pics of myself and now the after pics and just say WOW!!! Just like your pics, You look so great!!! But I still want to lose some more weight. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much!!! I appreciate your kind words, I feel fantastic :)

    Sarah- that's the best thing you can do during your pregnancy. Be aware and keep moving! 6 1/2 years later, I still haven't lost everything I gained with my oldest!

    Lissasmelter - 80lbs!!!!!! Wow, that is absolutely amazing! Congratulations! Keep up the great work :)

    Thank you both for sharing your stories!

    ReplyDelete