Thursday, October 6, 2011

Recipe - Indian Summer Butternut Squash

Last year I found a new love for butternut squash and inspired by a side dish in a Lean Cuisine frozen meal, I made this up and it is my favorite fall side dish! I named it Indian Summer Butternut Squash because of the beautiful fall colors that the dish has. Seemed fitting :) I didn't take any pictures tonight of the recipe, I just didn't think of it...

Indian Summer Butternut Squash

1 - Medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cut in cubes
1 - Onion, chopped
1/3 Cup - Dried Cranberries
2 - Granny Smith Apples, chopped
1/3 Cup - Water
1 Tbsp Cinnamon (or to taste)
1 Tbsp Nutmeg (or to taste)

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees

2. Spray glass casserole dish with cooking spray

3. Add prepared ingredients to dish; squash, onion, dried cranberries, apples, and water

4. Mix ingredients well, top with cinnamon & nutmeg to taste - cover casserole dish w/ lid

5. Bake for apprx. 1 hour 15 minutes or until squash is soft

6. Let cool slightly, serve, and enjoy!

Serving Size 3/4 Cup (4 WW PointsPlus per Serving)

No comments:

Post a Comment