Saturday, September 3, 2011

My new goal... to track.


From the beginning of my journey, I was very good about tracking my food/beverage intake each day. Anything I put in my mouth, I wrote it down. This is something that is absolutely crucial to WW weight loss (or any weight loss really), it keeps you on track and is an eye opening tool that makes you more aware of the choices you are making. Just by writing something down, you WANT to make better choices :)

Since spring my tracking has been basically not existant. I don't know how I got out of it, but I just felt like I could handle not tracking and continue being successful. I have managed to continue making decent choices most days, my portions have started to creep up on me, and my compulsive "grab" snacks seem to be happening more and more. I absolutely NEED to get back on the tracking wagon. I bought a new tracker, and started it again. And boy, just that alone has already made a difference. I didn't realize how powerful writing everything down was, it had been so long that I almost forgot the impact it has. Just keeping track "in my head" wasn't good enough. You can writing things down in a little notebook, buy a WW tracker, use ETools, by a WW points clicker - whatever you need to do, I cannot stress the importance of this.

So my new goal for right now, is to rebuild tracking into my daily routine.

Have a great, and safe Labor Day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment