Saturday, December 3, 2011

A much better week :)

After feeling like a bum for the last few weeks with my lack of exercise, I took control and got back in the game! I did my "normal" workout routine this past week, and it feels much better... I really needed to do that :)

My goal for the next week: Exercise at least 4 times for a minimum of 30 minutes each time


On a completely unrelated topic, my meetings have been going well. I really feel like I am starting to win the members over, and build my regular audience. I have been very honest with the group about my recent struggles, but also with my strength to keep at it and push through the challenging times. It makes me human, and I think helps them understand that I am not perfect and have the same struggles as they do. Just because I am a leader doesn't make me 100% on track at all times, and they need to know that I am right there with them. I have been leading this meeting for a month now, the first two weeks were a little rough with some more long term members that were very attached to the previous leader but I am hoping with time, we can also build that kind of relationship and I can prove myself to them. I am really enjoying leading, it gives me a different outlook on my journey, and is very rewarding :)

2 comments:

  1. I will be having my final weigh in this week to get my lifetime! So excited! I've lost 55 lbs since April. They have mentioned me becoming a receptionist and possibly a leader, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that yet. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! That is amazing, I am sure you feel awesome :) Way to go!

    As far as working there, what I would say, follow your gut. You will know when you are ready, but you may want to maintain for a while at lifetime and just feel it out first. Things are "different" once you hit your goal. You tend to view things differently... Make sure you are stable in your own journey before making the plunge. That would be my advice from someone that just recently went through it :) Working there is awesome, and truly rewarding! Really great experience!

    Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions :)

    ReplyDelete